Spring is officially here and this quick and easy cake is amazing for special occasions or a fancy after lunch tea party with my girls. They ask for it all the time and Auston and I love it too.
It’s rare for me to find a dessert that I like that doesn’t include chocolate so it’s safe to say this one is special.
Serve with Trader Joe’s Lemon Curd or your favorite jam or honey. It’s even delicious on its own which makes it a great choice to send to class parties where the extra mess and sugar of frosting is not always welcome!
Happy first day of Spring!
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbs vanilla
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1. Mix together dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Stir in vanilla and yogurt.
5. Gradually mix in dry ingredients.
6. Pour batter into buttered 9×13 baking dish.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Cool and top each piece with a dollop of Trader Joe’s lemon curd, your favorite jam, honey, or serve all by its delicious self!